A modern, secure and privacy-friendly platform to establish your decentralized online identity and perform basic cryptographic operations.
Keyoxide allows you to link accounts on various online services and platforms together, prove they belong to you and establish an online identity. This puts you, the internet citizen, in charge when it comes to defining who you are on the internet instead of large corporations.
As an example, here's the developer's Keyoxide profile.
Decentralized online identity proofs
- You decide which accounts are linked together
- You decide where this data is stored
- Keyoxide does not hold your identity data on its servers
- Keyoxide merely verifies the identity proofs and displays them
Empowering the internet citizen
- A verified identity proof proves ownership of an account and builds trust
- No bad actor can impersonate you as long as your accounts aren't compromised
- Your online identity data is safe from greedy internet corporations
- Easily encrypt messages and verify signatures from the profile page
- Keyoxide generates QR codes that integrate with OpenKeychain
- Keyoxide fetches the key wherever the used decides to store it
- Keyoxide is self-hostable, meaning you could put it on any server you trust
Secure and privacy-friendly
- Keyoxide doesn't want your personal data, track you or show you ads
- You never give data to Keyoxide, it simply uses the data you have made public
- Keyoxide relies on OpenPGP, a widely used public-key cryptography standard (RFC-4880)
- Cryptographic operations are performed in-browser by OpenPGP.js, a library maintained by ProtonMail